Whispering Pines Resort is a breathtaking 10 acre-property located in the heart of Cobb Mountain, north of Napa Valley. Surrounded by tall Ponderosa Pine and Douglas Fir trees, you will be inspired and rejuvenated by the beauty and tranquility of the wooded landscape.
The resort has been owned and operated by the Strickler Family for 5 generations since the 1900ís. Many guests come back year after year with their family and friends, and have made staying at the Whispering Pines Resort an annual tradition. Some have been our guests for 40, 50 and even 60 years straight. We would love to have you experience Whispering Pines Resort and why guests return year after year.
This unique and laid-back retreat is only 90 minutes north of the San Francisco Bay Area. It is truly an ideal destination for family reunions, vacations, romantic gateways, special events and celebrations as well as corporate retreats.
With 30 cabins available for rent (15 being authentic log cabins), we offer comfortable accommodations for families and groups of various sizes. The cabins are carefully spaced around the property to ensure some privacy and to capture scenic views of the trees.
- The Log Cabins combine the rustic simplicity of an authentically built log cabin with modern amenities and conveniences. The logs are hand-hewn and simply beautiful.
- The Standard Cabins offer the same amenities, natural and rustic feel, and beautiful surroundings.
All of the cabins have electricity but no TV or phone. We want you to truly enjoy your stay away from stressful gadgets. It is time for you to disconnect from technology and reconnect with yourself and loved ones, even if this is only for a weekend.
- Smaller cabins: Sleep 4 to 5 people.
- Larger cabins: Sleep 5 to 6 people.
- Largest cabin: We have one very large cabin that can sleep up to 9 people comfortably, perfect for a large family, group of friends or intimate corporate retreat.
Each cabin is equipped with a complete kitchen which gives you the autonomy you need while on vacation at Whispering Pines Resort. The kitchens have a table and seating for your party.
- Stove with cooking range
- Full size refrigerator
- Coffee maker
- Dishes, silverware and utensils
- Cookware, pots and pans
The bedrooms are spacious with closets. Blankets and pillows are included with your stay so are basic cleaning tools. In addition fresh bed linens are available for a small fee.
Each cabin has their own restroom with showers and basins. The water is fed by spring water!
Though each cabin is slightly different, they all offer a spacious and private deck with outdoor furniture and a picnic table.
On the deck, you can enjoy a moment of solitude or have fun conversations with your loved ones. We love laughter around the resort so feel free to laugh away!
- Our water is artesian spring fed water.
- The resort started as a Bed & Breakfast at the turn of the 1,900 century. The first log cabins were built for Mr. and Mrs. Strickler in the 1920's.
- During certain holidays, we offer fun activities for the entire guests to participate. Visit our Facebook Page for fun photos of our guests during those special events.
If you are looking to get away from it all, Whispering Pines Resort can be your own private escape. Only 90 miles north of the Bay Area, it is secluded and serene while close to golf courses, wineries, restaurants, hiking trails and other exciting California style-activities.
Come and stay with us to unwind from your hectic life while relaxing and reconnecting with your family and friends.
Call us today to make your reservations at (707) 928-5227 (PST).